The Pediatric AIDS Chicago Prevention Initiative (PACPI) is a not-for-profit organization working to stop transmission of HIV/AIDS from mother to child. PACPI brings together public and private institutions and community-based organizations into a coordinated continuum of care to achieve our goal — the elimination of pediatric AIDS in Illinois.
PACPI has helped fund and develop:
- Enhanced case management linking pregnant women who are HIV-positive to care
- HIV-specific prenatal classes for pregnant women living with HIV
- Rapid testing surveillance in Illinois hospitals
- A nationally recognized safety net and prevention model
- A statewide hotline for pregnant women living with HIV and the people that support them
PACPI’s mission is to eliminate deaths from pediatric AIDS and to reduce transmission of the virus from mothers to their children in the state of Illinois.